Connecting Dubsado and Zapier
Before you can connect Zapier and Dubsado, you'll need a Zapier account. You can sign up here.
Once you have a Zapier account, you're ready to generate a special code in Dubsado, called an API Key:
- In Dubsado, go to Settings (gear icon) >> Integrations.
- On the API Keys tab, click the dropdown that says "(Where will this key be used)?" and select Zapier.
- Click Generate new token and copy the code that appears.
With your API key handy, it's time to connect to Zapier:
- Open Zapier. From the Home page, click My Apps.
- In the My Apps tab, click the Connect a new account dropdown and select Dubsado (you can type to search).
- A pop up window will appear asking for an API Key.
- Paste in the API Key that you generated in Dubsado.
- Click Yes, Continue.
Once Dubsado and Zapier are connected, you'll see Dubsado appear under My Connections on the My Apps tab in Zapier. Click the Test button to confirm the connection.
TIP: You may see our old logo when connecting to Zapier! Don't worry, there's only one Dubsado!
What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Trello, Asana, Mailchimp, and over 1,500 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to release an integration!
With Zapier, users can create automated workflows, called Zaps, to connect Dubsado with other apps that support Zapier. Zaps have two main components, triggers and actions. A trigger is a specific event in an app that starts the Zap. Once you set up a Zap, Zapier will monitor the trigger app for that event and bring in custom data when it occurs. For example, with Dubsado's New Lead trigger, when a new project with a lead status is created in Dubsado, the Zap will start and pull in the client's name, email, and other information that you mapped when setting up the Zap.
The second part of the Zap is the action. An action is an event that takes place in another app once the Zap is triggered. The action can use the data pulled in by the Trigger. Let's say you set up a Zap with Dubsado's New Lead trigger and add Trello's Create Card action. You'll be able to add the client's contact details from Dubsado to the new Trello card... automatically!