You set up push notifications for your browser, but they aren't showing up when you expect them to. The GIF below is an example of what you should be seeing when a browser push notification is working correctly:
Confirm that notifications were allowed in the browser. In Chrome and Firefox, this can easily be done by clicking on the lock icon next to the URL while on a “hello.dubsado.com” page.
If the Notifications are blocked, you will need to change this setting and allow the alerts.
⚠️ Heads up! Push notifications do not work in Safari or Internet Explorer.
When filling out a form or a contract to trigger a notification as a test, check that you are completing the form in an incognito/private browser window. Alternatively, log out of Dubsado before opening and completing the form.
If you complete a form while Dubsado recognizes you as the business owner, a notification will not be triggered.
Check if your computer is on “Do not Disturb” or “Focus Assist Mode”. These modes will prevent ALL notifications on your computer when active. In order to receive the Dubsado browser push notifications, these settings will need to be turned off on your device.
If you are receiving notifications from other applications, it may be that your device is preventing notifications from your chosen web browser.
- Head to System Preferences >> Notifications to be shown a list of all your apps.
- Locate and click on your web browser in the list on the left side of the System Preferences window to see the Notification settings for that app.
- Make sure the app is allowed to send notifications to your computer.
- You will also need to set the Alert Style to either “Banners” or “Alerts” in order to view the notification.
For Windows 10:
- On your computer, go to Settings >> System >> Notifications and Actions and you should see a section labeled "Show Notifications from these apps".
- On that list you will be able to see all of the apps that have permission to send notifications to your computer.
- You will need to make sure the web browser you are using is enabled to send notifications on this list.