When you connected Xero to Dubsado, you had a few options for automatically syncing future invoices and payments.
Whether you decided on keeping things manual, or you have some existing invoices you want to sync over, this article walks through the different syncing statuses and how to sync invoices and payments manually.
⚠️ Heads up! If you haven't connected Xero to your Dubsado account yet, you'll need to do that first. Here's how to set that up!
In this article
Go to Reporting >> Invoices to manage all of the invoices in your brand and see their current status with Xero.
There are 4 different statuses:
- Not Synced
The Not Synced status means the invoice has not been sent over to Xero. You can sync this invoice or the invoice and its payments from the action menu (the three dots icon).
The Pending status means that this invoice is on its way over to Xero, but hasn't successfully synced just yet. Once the sync is successful, it will change to the Synced status.
👋 Here's a tip... you may need to refresh your page to see the status update after syncing.
The Synced status means the invoice has been successfully sent from Dubsado to Xero.
Any payments that were not synced can be synced manually. Just click Sync next to any payment you'd like to send over.
If the invoice status is "Synced" but you don't see the "Sync" option next to any of the payments, that means they were already sent over to Xero!
Most syncing errors are caused by incorrectly mapping tax items or income categories to Xero. An invoice will encounter a syncing error if:
- a Dubsado tax item on the invoice does not match the % rate of the Xero tax item it was mapped to (i.e. trying to map a 6% Dubsado tax to a 10% Xero tax)
- a line item on the invoice has more than one Dubsado tax applied (Xero only supports one tax item per line item)
- a mapped Xero tax item or account was deleted from Xero
- any Dubsado tax items used on the invoice are not mapped to Xero tax rates
- no default Xero account was set
- the Dubsado invoice number matches an existing invoice number in Xero
Invoices with the error status will give you the option to retry the sync. Correct the issue that caused the error by adjusting the invoice or updating your Xero integration settings before clicking Retry.
👋 Here's a tip... you can roll over the Error status to see the reason for the error.
If you're unsure why you're seeing an error, check in with our team through chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org – we will be happy to help!