Decided that a task board is the right fit for your needs? Let's get started!
Creating a New Task Board
- Head to Tasks in the main menu.
- Click on the Boards tab.
- Click Add Board.
- Give your new board a name.
- Select a project if this board is for a specific project. If not, leave the Project dropdown blank. You'll be able to copy this board into a specific project later.
- Click Add to create the board.
- Click New Column to add your first column to the board and give it a name.
- Click the + button underneath your column to add a task. Type in the body of the task and hit ENTER on your keyboard to save.
- Continue adding tasks and columns.
- Click on a task to edit it and add a due date, assignee, files, and comments.
You can also create a new task board directly within a project by going to the Tasks tab >> Project Boards >> Add Board.
Managing Task Boards
Here are some tips for managing your task boards:
- Open a task board any time by clicking on it under Tasks >> Boards. From here, you can move, edit, and complete tasks and make any other changes you'd like to the board.
- Tasks can be dragged and dropped between columns!
- From the View dropdown on the Tasks page, you can toggle between All Boards, General Boards (not tied to a project), and Project Boards. This allows you to access all of your boards in one place.
- Tasks created on project boards will not be visible on the main Tasks page list or the task list within an individual project unless they have an assignee or due date. If a task on a task board does not have an assignee or due date, it will only be visible on the board itself.