👩🔬 This feature is in public beta! We are providing access on a case-by-case basis. Please reach out to us if you experience any issues with this feature.
If you sign in to your email through Microsoft, there are just a few steps to connect your email to Dubsado. This method will work for anyone who logs into their email through the cloud version of Outlook including:
- @outlook.com email accounts
- custom domain emails set up for Microsoft Office 365 (offered through GoDaddy)
👋 Here's a tip... if you'd like to learn more about how emails work in Dubsado, we recommend checking out this article first.
In this article
Step 1: Sign in for outgoing emails
- Go to Settings (the gear icon) >> Emails.
- Click Sign in with Microsoft.
- Log into the account you'd like to connect.
Your Dubsado brand is now set up to send outgoing emails using your connected email address.
Step 2: Forwarding settings for incoming emails
Once you have your email account connected for outgoing emails, there's one more step to bring client replies into Dubsado.
- Copy the Brand Email address shown.
- Outside of Dubsado, log in to Outlook at https://outlook.live.com/.
- At the top of the page, go to Settings (the gear icon) >> View all Outlook settings.
- Go to Mail >> Forwarding.
- Select Start Forwarding.
- Paste the brand email address into the forwarding address field.
- Check the box for Keep a copy of all forwarded messages.
👋 Here's a tip... if you see an error in Outlook that says "Unable to load these settings. Please try again later." try going to https://outlook.live.com/?path=/classic. Then Settings (the gear icon) >> Options and select Accounts >> Forwarding from the menu on the left.
Thats it! Your Dubsado brand should now be set up to send and receive client emails with your Microsoft-managed email account.
👋 Here's a tip... if you would like to test email forwarding, set up a test project with a client that has a different email than the one you connected to Dubsado. This could be another email address you have (not the email you just connected or the email you use to log into Dubsado) or the email of a friend helping you test! Send an email out from the project and then have the "client" reply. Allow a few minutes to see emails arrive in Dubsado.