The Projects page is where you'll spend the majority of your time working with clients once you're set up in Dubsado. This article will help you navigate the page and customize it to suit your needs.
In this article
Projects page overview
- Projects: Click on any project to open it. Click on any column heading with arrows to sort.
- Project tags: Organize projects by one or more categories. Roll over a colored dot to see the name of the tag.
- Project statuses: Organize projects by phase.
- Bulk actions: Select projects using the checkboxes and use this dropdown to archive, delete, or update the project status of many projects at once.
- Filter: Further narrow down the projects you see by applying a filter.
- New Project: Click here to manually create a new project.
- Export: Export a CSV file with basic information on the projects currently visible.
- Customize: Add custom statuses and tags here. You can also customize which columns of project information you'd like to be shown.
Project tags organize your projects by category, similar to hashtags. You can apply one or more tags to a project from the project sidebar.
Project statuses organize your projects by phases or milestones of working together. Click on a status to see a filtered list of the projects with that particular status only.
Statuses are categorized into Leads, Jobs, Combined, and Archived:
- Leads: Projects that are still in the initial stages of inquiring and booking with you. A project is usually considered a lead until you have a signed contract or a payment.
- Jobs: Projects that you considered to be booked.
- Combined: See all projects with any status.
- Archived: Cold leads or past jobs that you no longer want in one of the other categories. Learn more about archiving projects.
Manually change a project’s status using the dropdown under the Status column.
👋 Here's a tip... all new accounts start with the status categories of Leads and Jobs, which is why you'll see Lead: No Status and Job: No Status as your only two options. You can add custom statuses to those categories by clicking the Customize button.
Within any status, you can click on the Filter button to further narrow down which projects you see.
From the Customize screen, you can add customize the Projects page to fit your needs.
In the Project Status section, you can add new statuses. Check the box for any status to make it the default view whenever you open the Projects page.
In the Columns section, you can customize how you view your projects.
- Click Edit Column.
- Check or uncheck columns based on your preferences.
- Select a default sorting view.
- Click Save.
In the Tags section, you can add new tags.