When adding a multi-user to your account, you will choose between three roles: Basic, Accountant, or Admin. The role you select will determine the level of access your multi-user will have to your account.
A basic user will only have access to the projects and tasks to which they have been assigned.
Below is an illustration of the simplified dashboard visible to basic users. Basic users will not have access to the brand-wide inbox or settings. They will only see calendar events associated with projects or tasks to which they have been assigned.
From the projects page, basic users will only see projects to which they have been assigned.
Inside of a project, basic users CAN:
- Change the title and date
- Archive/unarchive the project
- Add tags and change the project status
- Update client and project mapped fields
- Activate the portal and set/change the portal password
- Send emails, including canned email templates to the client
- View, edit, copy, remove and send forms which have already been added to the project
- View and change existing appointments and send new scheduling requests (i.e. create a scheduler on the fly instead of using a template)
- View and manage workflows which have already been added to the project
- Add, edit, and complete tasks
- Add and edit project notes and view the project activity log
Inside of a project, basic users CANNOT:
- Add, view, send, or edit the contract on the project
- Access the Invoices tab
- Add new forms to the project
- Send new appointment scheduling requests using a scheduler template
The Reporting section is not available to a basic user and the only Utility available is the Address Book (basic users will only see clients associated with projects to which they are assigned).
Additional Permissions for Basic Users
If you select the basic role, you will also be able to choose whether or not this user will have access to:
- Contracts - turning on this option will enable access to view, edit (if not yet signed), and send the existing contract on the project.
- Invoices - turning on this option will enable the Invoices tab inside of the project, which allows the user to view, create, edit, and send invoices to the client. The Reporting section and brand-wide financial information will still be restricted.
- Templates - turning on this option will allow basic users to add a contract, forms, and workflows to a project from the available templates already created in the account. They will be able to view the Templates section in the main menu and view the templates, but will see a Permission Denied error if they try to edit, add, or delete any templates. Scheduler template access remains restricted.
An accountant user will only have access to the Invoices, Transactions, Chart of Accounts, and Reports pages under Reporting in the main menu. They will not be able to view anything in your account beyond those pages, including the dashboard.
Accountant users may view invoices by accessing them from the list under Reporting >> Invoices, but they will not be able to edit any invoices.
An admin user will have access to everything in your account that you do - all of your projects, reporting, templates, etc. This is an ideal role for an equal business partner or an assistant who helps you with overall account management.
The only setting an admin user will NOT have access to is your Dubsado account billing, i.e. the page where you manage your Dubsado subscription.
Admin users will also not be able to see your connected calendar, as users cannot see one another's connected calendars.
Can I change a multi-user's role after inviting them to my account?
Yes! Just head to Settings (the gear icon) >> Multi-users and click on their name in the list. You'll be able to choose a different role or adjust their current role there.
Can I further customize the user roles? For example, give my assistant an admin role but hide all financial data?
At this time, further customization of user roles is not available beyond what is outlined above. However, we look forward to adding more flexibility in the future!
How do notifications work with multi-users and their roles?
Each individual user is able to control their own notification settings for each brand they have access to. Multi-users will only have control over notifications appropriate to their role and will never receive notifications about something in Dubsado that their role does not give them access to.