Multi-users can be assigned one of three roles: Basic, Accountant, or Admin. The role you select determines the level of access your multi-user has to your account.
A basic user will only have access to the projects and tasks to which they have been assigned.
Below is an illustration of the simplified dashboard visible to basic users. Basic users will not have access to the brand-wide inbox or settings. They will only see calendar events associated with projects or tasks to which they have been assigned.
The Reporting section is not available to a basic user. The only Utility available to basic users is the address book. The only clients visible in the address book will be the clients whose projects the basic user is assigned to.
From the Projects page, basic users will only see projects to which they have been assigned.
Inside of a project, basic users CAN:
- Change the title and date
- Archive/unarchive the project
- Add tags and change the project status
- Update client and project mapped fields
- Activate the portal and set/change the portal password
- Send emails, including canned email templates to the client
- View, edit, copy, remove and send forms which have already been added to the project
- View and change existing appointments and send new scheduling requests (i.e. create a scheduler on the fly instead of using a template)
- View workflows which have already been added to the project
- Add, edit, and complete tasks
- Add and edit project notes and view the project activity log
Inside of a project, basic users CANNOT:
- Add, view, send, or edit the contract on the project
- Access the invoices tab
- Add new forms to the project
- Edit actions within workflows already applied to the project.
- Send new appointment scheduling requests using a scheduler template
Additional permissions for basic users
If you select the basic role, you will also be able to choose whether or not this user will have access to:
- Contracts - turning on this option will enable access to view, edit (if not yet signed), and send the existing contract on the project.
- Invoices - turning on this option will enable the Invoices tab inside of the project, which allows the user to view, create, edit, and send invoices to the client. The Reporting section and brand-wide financial information will still be restricted.
- Templates - turning on this option will allow basic users to add a contract, forms, and workflows to a project from the available templates already created in the brand. They still may not edit workflows inside the project. They will be able to view the Templates section in the main menu and view the templates, but will see a Permission Denied error if they try to edit, add, or delete any templates. Scheduler template access remains restricted.
An accountant user will only have access to the Invoices, Transactions, Chart of Accounts, and Reports pages under Reporting in the main menu. They will not be able to view anything in your account beyond those pages.
Accountant users may view invoices by accessing them from the list under Reporting >> Invoices, but they will not be able to edit any invoices.
An admin user will have access to almost everything in your account that you do - all of your projects, reporting, templates, etc.
There are some limitations for admin users:
- An admin multi-user will not have access to Settings >> Billing for your brand.
- Multi-users (including admin users) cannot see each other's connected calendars. An admin user may connect a calendar to their account, but only the brand owner's calendar will interact with the scheduler. The scheduler does not support scheduling with multiple team members.
- Multi-users (including admin users) cannot connect their own email account to the brand. Only one email account may be connected per brand.
Can I change a multi user's role after inviting them to my account?
Yes! Just head to Settings (the gear icon) >> Multi Users and click on their name in the list. You'll be able to choose a different role or adjust their current role there.
How do notifications work with multi-users and their roles?
Each multi-user is able to control their own notification settings for each brand they have access to. Multi-users will only have control over notifications appropriate to their role and will not receive notifications about something in Dubsado that their role does not give them access to.
Can each user have their own email address connected for receiving and sending emails through Dubsado?
No. Only one email account may be connected per brand. Multi-users will not be able to send messages from their own email accounts in your brand, but they will be able to see replies from clients while inside Dubsado.
Can each user connect their own calendar to Dubsado for scheduling?
While each user can connect their own calendar account to Dubsado, the Dubsado scheduler only integrates with the brand owner's calendar. You will not be able to create different schedulers for different multi-users, or automatically assign appointments to different multi-users based on their availability. Users cannot see each other's calendars.