Time Coded Breakdown of Scheduler Video:
0:14 - What is the scheduler?
1:36 - Building your scheduler
3:40 - Setting up available times
5:00 - Blocking off days you aren't available with synced calendar
7:51 - Advanced settings of the scheduler
10:40 - Confirmation email on the scheduler
11:08 - Adding a cancel and reschedule button in your confirmation email
11:58 - Adding a form to the scheduler
12:38 - Adding an invoice to the scheduler
12:53 - Setting up notifications
13:59 - Monthly view option
14:42 - Timezones and the scheduler
15:34 - The 4 ways send a scheduler
- 15:37 - Embedding on your site
- 17:26 - URL or direct link
- 17:36 - Manually through a project
- 20:18 - Automatically through a workflow
19:50 - Where does a booked appointment go?
21:49 - Can my clients cancel or reschedule through the client portal?
22:19 - My client filled out the direct link to the scheduler. I had a form on it. Where can I find the completed form?
23:22 - How can I customize my canned email templates for my scheduler?
23:58 - I'm trying to send an appointment scheduler template, but the link does not show up in the email.
24:40 - Can Dubsado's appointment scheduler sync to my calendar?
25:28 - My live link for the scheduler is not showing all available dates.
How to set up the scheduler
The Scheduler is a tool in Dubsado that you can use to have your clients set up appointments with you. Your clients can choose a date and time from a calendar of your available times. This will help you avoid double bookings and allowing appointments only for times that work for both you and your client. You can customize almost everything about these appointments, from the times you are available to how long each appointment can be, from the location of the appointment to how much time you want between each appointment. You can even charge for your appointments. Let's get to it!
Create the appointment template (basic settings)
Head to TEMPLATES >> SCHEDULER and click ADD TEMPLATE at the top right.
Next it will pop up with your basic appointment options.
- Appointment name - Is the template name you would like your appointment to be called. Your clients will see this.
- Appointment duration - Choose how long your appointment is going to be.
When can this appointment be scheduled
- Rolling day window specifies a number of days, from the day the scheduler is sent, that are available for scheduling appointments. So if I set the rolling day window to five days, and send the scheduler today, the client will have the next five days to choose from and all dates after that window will be unavailable. This is great if you want to keep a close focus on when the appointments are booked and you don't want clients to schedule too far out.
- Fixed Date Range allows you to set a range of dates this template is available. This is great if your scheduler is only going to be used in a certain period of time.
- Indefinitely allows your clients to book you however far out in the future possible.
- What times are you available - Set what times you will be available to take appointments. The view shows every 2 weeks. To expand to adjust times for further out, click the arrows on the scheduler. If there is a date you are not available, you are going to want to add it here. Keep in mind the Scheduler also looks at your linked calendars in Dubsado. If you have those synced calendar events marked as BUSY, the scheduler will be blocked out at the time, unable for someone to book.
To edit a day, click on the day and adjust times:
- Show me as - This option blocks out for other appointments to book at that time or not. Most likely, you are going to want to set this as BUSY. Especially if you have other schedulers in Dubsado, you don't want there to be any overlap.
- Location - This is the link, address, or location that the meeting will take place.
- Email - This is the email that comes with the sending of the scheduler IF you are sending them a link directly. It will not matter if this scheduler is embedded. This email will not be used.
Create the appointment template (advanced settings)
- Prevention - This allows you to set padding for how far in advance your clients can book you.
- Buffer Time - This is the time you want as a buffer before the appointment and after the appointment. Great for allowing padding if meetings run over or "travel time" between scheduled appointments.
- Increments - This is how the appointments are viewed by your client. You can show your available times in 15 mins, 30 mins, or 60 mins. This has nothing to do with the appointment duration and only on just how they are displayed. Example: This is my availability set at every 15 mins.
Appointment Details - You can set a maximum appointments that you would like to have a day. Say you set a 5 appointment max, once you hit 5 scheduled appointments for that given day, no other clients will be able to book that date.
Allowing the maximum total of bookings with this scheduler should only be set if this template will have a max number of meetings as a whole. For example, if you are holding a promo for 10 free calls. You can set this max bookings on this template for 10.
- Welcoming Message - This is the message your clients will see on direct link to the scheduler. This message will not be seen on an embed.
- Additional Form - Not required, but if you wanted to add a form into the scheduler booking process, you can. Questionnaires, Proposals (sans contract), and Lead Capture forms can be added into the booking system flow.
- Invoice - If you require payment, check the box. This creates an invoice that must be paid in FULL in order to secure the appointment. If no payment is required to secure the booking, leave unchecked.
- Notification - Checking the box will allow for email reminders to send to your clients XX amount of minutes or hours before the scheduled appointment time. Select from a canned email you have already created. Be sure to include scheduler smart fields in there! You can add as many reminders on it as you'd like. A standard is usually 24 hours before and another a few hours before. (In the future text messaging will be an added feature).
- Monthly View (off or on) - By default the monthly view is turned off, so it will be set to a weekly view. You can toggle a monthly view on here.