Contracts are added to and sent from the project sidebar, unlike other forms. This article covers sending a contract manually on its own. As you grow in Dubsado, you'll likely explore the proposal-contract-invoice process to streamline your booking experience!
In this article
Send a contract
- Open the project where you would like to send a contract.
- In the project sidebar, use the dropdown under Contract to select a contract template.
- In the preview modal that appears, click Add.
- Click Send.
- In the email composer that appears, you can edit the text in the email, or you can click the bookmark icon to load a different canned email template instead.
- Click Send.
If the contract was already added to the project, you can click on the down arrow next to the Contract heading in the project sidebar and select Send.
👋 Here's a tip... you can edit the default email used for sending contracts under Templates >> Canned Emails >> Edit Templates >> Send Contract.
⚠️ Heads up! If you decide to use a different canned email, just make sure it includes the contract link smart field.
Edit a contract before sending
If you need to edit your contract before sending, click Edit in the preview modal after adding the contract to the project. The changes you make will not affect your master template.
If you no longer see the preview modal, click on the down arrow next to the Contract heading in the project side bar and select Edit.
When you're finished editing, use the dropdown arrow next to Save and select Save and Close to save your changes and return to the project.
Contract completed email
After your client signs a contract, Dubsado automatically sends them an email with a copy of their signed contract. You can't turn this email off, but you can customize the wording under Templates >> Canned Emails >> Edit Templates >> Contract Completed.
👋 Here's a tip... we recommend customizing this email before you start sending contracts out!
Can I send the contract to someone other than the client to sign?
Sure! In the email composer, you can remove the client's email and type a different email address in the To field. This sometimes happens in the wedding industry where a family member might sign a contract when paying for a venue rental on behalf of the couple.
Just know that:
- If you're using a client portal, the contract will still be visible to the client once it's sent, even if you sent it to a different email address.
- This can only be done manually. If you're hoping to automate sending your contract with a workflow, the workflow will only be able to send the contract to the primary client's email address.
- The contract completed email will still be sent to the primary client.
Can I send a contract to two clients to sign?
Unfortunately, our contracts only support a single client signing at this time. If you need a second signature, we recommend making a copy of the contract as a sub-agreement and sending it to the other party.